Join The Team!
If you want to make a difference in the lives of seniors every day and have a little fun while you’re at it, you’ve come to the right place. The partnership and collaboration between SHAG and Independent Living Inc. in creating senior living communities provides numerous employment opportunities that are exciting and fulfilling. You will be surrounded by some of the best and brightest people in the industry.
Who we are
SHAG (Sustainable Housing for Ageless Generations) is a not-for-profit partner that strives to improve the lives of seniors through stable housing and connects seniors at each community to resources, programs and services that help sustain their independent lifestyles.
Independent Living Inc., a proud partner of SHAG, is the property management company that oversees the development and operations of each SHAG apartment community.
To view and apply for our open positions, please select an opportunity below and follow the directions to apply online. For questions regarding the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Veterans: We value the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country and we support the hiring of returning Service Members and military spouses.
If you are a Veteran or wounded warrior and would like assistance with the employment process at SHAG and/or Independent Living, Inc., please contact us at email@example.com.
SHAG and Independent Living, Inc. are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All job offers are contingent upon proof of eligibility to be employed in the United States.
SHAG Community Positions
Are you interested in being a:
- Community Manager?
- Assistant Community Manager?
- Leasing Specialist?
- Compliance Coordinator?
- Maintenance Technician?
- Van Driver?
- Porter / Groundskeeper?
View our current job openings at our SHAG company page on Indeed.Current SHAG Community Job Openings
Below you will find our current openings that are based out of our main office in Tukwila, Washington.
Title: Regional Property Manager
Location(s): Tukwila, WA
Type: Full-Time/ Exempt Salaried Position
Compensation: $105,000 - $115,000 a year
We are looking for a full-time Regional Manager (Property Management) in the Greater Seattle Market!
The RM serves as a vital link from our corporate staff to our communities, our site teams, and our valued residents. This position is responsible for coordinating and monitoring the operational activities, day-to-day operations, and physical plant, property, and equipment maintenance activities for their assigned portfolio of affordable apartment communities.
The most important characteristic of our RM’s is that they <3 helping our residents. Our company is a place for people to work together, to support and treat our residents the way we’d want to someone to treat our friends.
A successful RM has the ability to maintain and develop positive client relationships. We measure our success in swiftness, accuracy, clarity and positive energy.
You should be good at; advocating and empathizing, logic and problem solving, and outstanding customer service!
- Five (5) years of residential supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of and experience in the independent-living senior housing industry is desirable.
- Knowledge of and experience in the Section 42 low-income housing tax credit program is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Washington State eviction law and solid understanding of Federal Fair Housing guidelines.
- Leadership skills in directing subordinates and associates.
- High level of professionalism and positive attitude.
- Player coach, team builder and strategic thinker.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks requiring strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and willing to take initiative.
- Ability to handle finances and work within budgets.
- A strong focus on maximizing cash flow at each community, through obtaining market rents and making expenses as efficient as possible.
- Ability to draft community budgets.
- Computer skills: MS Outlook, Word, and Excel. Experience in core Yardi Affordable software and other Yardi Modules is preferred.
- Occasional evenings/weekend work may be required.
- Willingness to take risks and try new initiatives when desired results are not being achieved.
- Creative, flexible, and adaptable to new situations and assignments.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for this position.
- You must have a valid driver's license and be able to provide a current driving record.
- Due to the volume of resumes we receive, only the most qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- Applicants must provide three professional references.
- Please include the subject "Housekeeper" in your response.
- When applying, please note your preferred location and salary request if DOE.
Sustainable Housing for Ageless Generations (SHAG) is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, lawful alien status, age, marital status, socio-economic status, veteran status, disabilities, political affiliation or any other characteristic. We support a diverse workplace free from all forms of unlawful discrimination.
Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Sustainable Housing for Ageless Generations (SHAG) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Title: Roving Compliance Coordinator
Location: Assigned to Locations in Puget Sound Region
Compensation: $23 - $25/Hr
Join our team as our newest Roving Compliance Coordinator!
The Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Roving Compliance Coordinator is a member of the community onsite team and reports to the respective community manager and regional manager. The LIHTC Roving Compliance Coordinator serves in a pivotal role by working with our on-site teams and our central compliance department to ensure continued project compliance with Section 42 of the IRS code.
The LIHTC Roving Compliance Coordinator will travel to and work at assigned properties throughout the Puget Sound area where additional support is needed to maintain LIHTC program compliance and is responsible for the administration of the day-to-day operations associated with Section 42, LIHTC functions and duties. * A mileage and cellular phone stipend is included in compensation.
The LIHTC Roving Compliance Coordinator will contribute to the overall efficiency and effectiveness as they relate to the regulatory compliance practices and objectives that will provide a goal oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
The LIHTC Roving Compliance Coordinator is responsible to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations associated with the LIHTC program and other affordable housing programs designated at each specific community as assigned.
- Accurate and timely completion and submittal of new Rental Eligibility Applications and Annual Recertifications including applicable verification of income and income earned from assets in accordance with Section 42 LIHTC eligibility requirements.
- Enter data and upload documents to the electronic resident files.
- Be knowledgeable of, understand, and apply the fundamentals of the Section 42 LIHTC program.
- Maintain knowledge of current income limits and maximum allowable rent limits for each specific property.
- Work with Community Manager/Regional Manager to develop an effective action plan to meet property goals for completion of new REA and Annual Certifications in high-volume properties.
- Accurate completion and submission of Section 8 required documents, when applicable.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Report any file discrepancies to the Compliance Manager or Director immediately.
- Three (3) years of knowledge of and experience in connection with the Section 42 LIHTC program.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Washington State Landlord-Tenant laws and Federal Fair Housing guidelines.
- Knowledge of and experience in the independent-living senior housing industry is preferred.
- Prefer formal training and/or certification in Section 42 LIHTC compliance or related field.
- Computer skills and proficiency in: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of and experience with Fortress or Affordable property management software.
- Knowledge of the Web-based Annual Reporting System (WBARS) is preferred.
- Occasional work in the evenings or on weekends may be required.
Independent Living is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. And is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, lawful alien status, age, marital status, socio-economic status, veteran status, disabilities, political affiliation, or any other characteristic. We support a diverse workplace free from all forms of unlawful discriminationApply Now!