The Senior Housing Assistance Group (known throughout the Pacific Northwest as SHAG) is a Washington non-profit organization formed in 1988 that has steadily grown to become the largest operator of affordable senior living communities in the Puget Sound region. SHAG is dedicated to providing quality, affordable rental apartment homes and promoting an active and fulfilling lifestyle for age and income qualified people.
Take a moment to view SHAG's 2013 Community Report
SHAG's Mission Statement:
Enhancing and enriching the lives of people through affordable housing.
SHAG's values are:
- PROVIDE quality rental accommodations for seniors in a safe and pleasant environment
- EARN the respect of residents and their families
- RESPECT each resident's right to independence and self-respect
- PROVIDE knowledgeable, competent and caring on-site resident management staff
- FACILITATE a variety of social and recreational activities in a friendly and supportive environment
- BE a responsible corporate citizen
SHAG partners with other non-profit sponsors and for-profit developers to develop, own and operate affordable rental communities for seniors. In addition, SHAG partners with other agencies to facilitate social, health and human services for residents of its senior living communities.