With SHAG, getting more out of life is well within reach for seniors with moderate incomes. All of our SHAG senior living communities have income and/or age restrictions that residents must meet in order to qualify for an apartment. The age and income restrictions differ between communities.
Boardwalk offers active senior living, a community of friends and a welcoming home with an array of amenities.
The application process consists of 3 parts which, must be met before the approval process can begin:
- Age verification
- All members of the household must be 62 or older at the time of application.
- Each household member must provide documentation establishing their eligibility including, but not limited to, a government issued identification card.
- Resident Eligibility Application (REA)
- Each household member must have their age verified prior to completing an application. The application includes a credit, criminal, and landlord reference check. Please note that a screening fee of $40 per person, and deposit, will be due at the time of the application.
- Resident Eligibility Application (REA
- Resident screening to determine eligibility will be required for rent restricted units. The REA is completed to ensure that the total household income does not exceed the maximum allowable gross income for household size.
- All sources and amounts of current and anticipated annual gross income expected to be derived during the twelve months after move-in must be collected, verified, and reviewed by our Compliance Department to certify eligibility with the program.
Click here to print a check list with the most commonly required documents
Your total annual income must be at or below the following income limits depending on number of occupants in the household:
|Income Limits||1 - Person||2 - People|
|Reflects Thurston County 2017 gross income and rent limits.|