June is a month filled with activities that indeed warm the heart and soul. A pinnacle point of the month for our communities is the celebration of Father’s Day, a day that gives us a great opportunity to honor all the Dads who live in and apart from SHAG.
The many fathers who live with us at SHAG have experienced a lifetime of living and through it, all have sustained the strength and wisdom fathers so willingly impart. Fathers take great pride in their families and in the America they helped build.
Dad’s are famous for sayings and quotes containing a hidden message, a push to succeed at a difficult task, or simply to signal that questions were now over.
We recall here some of those "Dadism's” that may sound quite familiar to you.
- Because I said so, that's why!
- Go ask your mother.....
- The sooner you learn to stand on your own two feet, the better off you'll be.
- That's just the way life is, son.
- Do you think money grows on trees?
- I haven’t developed gray hairs for nothing!
- My dad would always try to get me to eat my dinner by saying "It'll put hair on your chest." I never understood this because I was a little girl.
- When asked where I could find a helping hand, father replied, " At the end of your own arm".
- "Be sure you leave things better than you found them."
To all Fathers—we wish you a Happy Father’s Day!